Hello and welcome to the UN Major Group for Children and Youth (MGCY) and Policy Strategy Group for the World We Want Consultations on post-2015. In 2015 a global development plan called Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) will expire and our global leaders are busy with making a new plan to define the world’s global development agenda set to begin in 2015.
The UN Major Group for Children and Youth is a voice of children and youth in the intergovernmental sustainable development negotiations, namely CSD, Rio+20 and the process creating a post-2015 agenda, including Sustainable Development Goals. To learn more about the MGCY and to join us, please click here.
This consultation is aimed young women and man bellow the age of 30. We want to find out what are your views on sustainable development, development issues as well as on how to address youth issues in development so we could make sure that your voice is heard in setting the new development agenda!
Please help us out by answering the following questions. Please try to answer as many questions as you can. We need your views! But most importantly - we want you to have FUN! Thank you for your help!
Please answer these questions. You can answer with text or with multi-media.
Please note that your posts will only be published after moderator approval.
1. What does Sustainable Development mean to you?
2. What is the World You Want?
3. Based on your knowledge and experience, what are the issues needs to be addressed in the new global development agenda?
4. How should youth be reflected in the post-2015 agenda?
5. Based on your knowledge and experience, what are the opportunities and obstacles for meaningful youth participation in setting the development agenda at local, national, regional and international level? How we can overcome those obstacles?
6. What would you like to say to the heads of states about youth issues?
Endorse and Help Create a Vision for a Youth High Level Panel on Post-2015