Online Discussion 2: Integrating Energy into the Post-2015 Agenda [CLOSED]
Welcome to Discussion II of the global consultation on energy.
To date, we've had an opportunity to consider why energy matters, as well as some of its related challenges & opportunities (in Discussion I). During the special segments, we looked more closely at what is often called the "energy nexus", by exploring the linkages between energy and other important issues such as health, gender, water-food-land security, and transport, among others. We also delved into scaling-up, financing and driving innovation solutions.
Here, we'd like to suggest turning our attention to some of the possible global goals, targets and indicators, as well as related processes and engagements, needed to ensure effective integration of energy issues into the post-2015 discussions and subsequent implementation.
Some guiding questions include:
1) In what way(s) can stakeholders and the UN system take action to advance a more integrated approach to energy within the post-2015 development framework?
2) What are some of the global goals, targets and indicators on energy that may be proposed for the post-2015 process?
3) Are there specific processes or forms of engagement that would help to ensure that energy issues are well reflected in post-2015 processes?
If you have not already done so, you may wish to read through the short framing paper for this consultation to spark further ideas. We are also joined by our three moderators, who will post comments over the course of our two-week discussion.
As a general facilitator for the discussion, I'd like to offer a few reminders:
- To post a comment here, you must first be registered and logged-in. Follow the "Please click here to Register or Login to post a comment" button at the bottom of this page. Please make sure to finalise your registration by replying to the instructions in a confirmation email that will be sent to the address with which you have registered.
- A reminder regarding the language accessibility of the discussion board: All are welcome to participate in the language of their choice. Posts are automatically translated by Google into the default language of your browser. For more information on making use of this feature, click here or visit: http://www.worldwewant2015.org/node/305777
Thank you in advance for your on-going contributions and insights.
Julie Larsen (Dialogue Facilitator)