CALL FOR DISCUSSION NOTES (Now closed): TOPICS FOR POST-2015 THEMATIC CONSULTATION ON ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
We invite you, as a group or individual, to get actively involved in the discussions by posting your ideas and work, on topics that you think should be a priority for the dialogue on environmental sustainability in the post-2015 agenda. Discussion papers should aim to stimulate creative thinking and dialogue around the role environmental sustainability should play within both the broad post-2015 development framework as well as the specific development goals that will be developed to support this. Therefore, participants are encouraged to propose topics that:
- build on MDG7 experiences and lessons and/or
- bring forward new and emerging thinking and experiences related to integrated approaches that link economic, social and environmental sustainability and touch on cross-cutting issues such as gender equality, human rights, young people, inequalities and the partnerships necessary to make progress.
Discussion papers should include the following components:
- Brief outline and rationale for a proposed specific topic for discussion
- Brief presentation of existing findings from completed policy and field research or on-going work that provides an evidence base and conceptual frame for the discussion. Contributors can upload or link to the complete papers and existing think pieces referenced in the discussion paper.
- A proposed set of questions that could frame an online discussion on the topic during Phase 2 of the consultation.
Click here to add your discussion note. (please first register/login above)
Papers should be posted in English, French or Spanish and be a maximum 1500 words in length.
A few suggestions for posting:
Cut and paste your text into the template and provide a title which captures the core idea you are proposing.
Click on "Advanced" in the form if you wish to attach/upload files.
If you experience any difficulty in logging in, papers can also be posted as a reply directly below this message.
Next Steps: Review of Discussion Notes
The discussion notes posted here will provide a key input into the Leadership Meeting which will be held in January 2013. This meeting will convene approximately 40 leading and emerging thinkers to develop a framework for Phase 2 of the environmental sustainability consultation that provides a focused range of topics selected from the submitted discussion notes. A facilitation team will also be established to facilitate the Phase 2 online discussion and to develop a series of final papers on each of the selected topics based on the results of the online consultation.
The discussion notes will therefore be made available to the participants of the Leadership Meeting. In addition, papers will be reviewed and synthesized by the process co-leads and members of inter-agency Steering Group ahead of the Leadership Meeting. Some of the authors of the submitted discussion notes may be invited to participate in the Leadership Meeting and to be a part of the facilitation team for Phase 2 of the consultation.